Saturday, January 31, 2015


"I am your Strength and your Shield"

A few thoughts from my devotions this morning.
What a comfort to know, that while we are still in bed, having not even wiped the sleep from our eyes- Our Lord and Saviour has already got our day covered.

Understanding this can (and should) change how we view every day. Instead of wasting energy on worrying about the day, or fearing what may lie ahead, do this instead-

Concentrate on keeping connected to the source of our energy and life- Our Strength and our Shield.

It is open communication with Him that allows His power to flow freely through us. And when His power is flowing freely through us, it cannot be contained and will spill over to those around us.

Psalms 28.7 says that the writers "Heart leaps for joy, and my song raises to Him..."

Psalms 56.3, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in Him..."

In Matthew 6.34, Jesus tells the people, "Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry for itself, each day has it's own troubles."

When fear starts to creep into you day- Remember who is your Shield.

Jesus' protection never wains, never falters, never fails.

He has you back for, both the known and unknown dangers around us.

The best security system in the universe- "I will never leave, nor forsake you, till the end of the age."

No comments:

Post a Comment